Dad's Bad Parenting Moment Caught on Video After Kid Microwaves a Glow Stick

We've all had those bad moments in life, where we haven't reacted to a situation as well as maybe we should have, and parents are no exception. In fact, it happens more often than we moms and dads would probably like to admit publicly, but we pull ourselves together as best as we can, put $5 in the kids' therapy jar, and move on.

Unless you're this guy, who was caught on camera insulting and berating his son after the kid microwaved a glow stick and it exploded all over him and his "beautiful" shirt.

Advertisement

Yup, some kid named Jack thought it would be a good idea to microwave a glow stick and see what happened. As you can imagine, it did not end well. The poor guy got it in his eyes, and as he cried out in agony, his dad rushed in the room and started screaming at him.

Of curse the whole thing was caught on tape, since Jack not only wanted to do something potentially dangerous, he wanted to film it too. Only when the stick exploded, the camera dropped, and the rest of the scene with dad plays out.

"Jesus, are you kiddin' me!?" he said. "Goddammit Jack. I have no idea what to do -- I've got to see what to do -- you DING-A-LING! God, I told you not to mess with a choking hazard."

Neither Jack's nor his dad's finest moments. As the dad is scrambling to find out how to handle glowing chemicals in his son's eyes, he continues to harshly reprimand him not only for being a doofus, but for getting it all over his "beautiful" shirt.

The video was uploaded by Jack's older brother, who assured us that Jack and his shirt are doing just fine, but that didn't stop commenters from questioning the dad's reaction to the exploding glowstick.

Some people are even calling his meltdown over it "hilarious."

I just feel bad for him. Yes, he gets really angry at Jack, and yells at him while he cries in pain, but he was probably really scared. I know there have been moments when my kids have gotten hurt after making very stupid decisions, and there words, "What is wrong with you??" may or may not have come out of my mouth.

Of this is absolutely not something you should tell your child. What's "wrong" is that they're children who haven't had the wisdom of experience to teach them that putting weird things in the microwave is a really, really bad idea.

You get scared, and it comes out as angry sometimes. We're all humans, and we all act badly sometimes, especially in moments of panic. Fortunately, most of us don't have a video camera pointed at us when it happens.

Go to the 1:00 mark to see the thing explode. Try not to cringe.

Do you think Jack's dad acted badly here?

 

Image via Timo Newton-Syms/Flickr

Read More >