It started with a single cashew. My 4-year-old daughter saw a jar of them sitting on the counter and asked to try one. "Sure, that's a great new food for you to try," I told her as she popped it in her mouth.
She didn't like it, but swallowed it anyway, and went on her way. A bit later I noticed a rash on her face. I wasn't overly concerned as she has very sensitive skin and frequently gets rashes that come and go, but I kept watching it. About an hour and a half later, she vomited a couple of times. I was concerned enough then that I called the nurse line of my insurance company, just wondering if they thought I should get her tested for an allergy at some point. After a few minutes of questioning, she told me, "Ma'am hang up and call 911 NOW!" I tried to tell her I didn't think it was anything urgent, but she insisted, so I called 911.