Photo by cozycabinmom
What are you doing with your toddler today? I'm always looking for suggestions, especially on weekends. An anonymous mom in Answers, hoping to break her kids' TV addiction, made a similar plea.
"I have two toddlers under 3. I try to do art projects and go to the park. The kids play outside for 2 hours a day. But in between they are watching cartoons or movies--for 6 hours a day. They have toys but lose interest fast. Help!"
Personally, our family loves taking walks in the woods. There's always something new to discover; we lose ourselves for hours collecting leaves and inventing games with twigs--plus I get to burn some calories! A few thoughts from other industrious moms:
Here's what nyteowl does to occupy her 3-year-old:
- Make homemade playdough. Google "playdough recipes" and up pops quite a few, from Koolaid playdough to edible playdough.
- Check at your local library to see if they have story time for
preschoolers. Our story time offers a
couple of stories with some songs and poems. After that, there are crafts and a snack. It's fun and free.
- Tumbling class at the recreation center. It's cheap and kids move and interact.
And here's what mybaby825 does:
- Flash cards and letter magnets.
- Involve them in cleaning. Kids love to help. Of course, no
hard task, but they will feel great when you tell them how great of a job they
did. Find out how to involve kids in chores at BabyBuzz.
- All kinds of crafts--just whatever it is, try to drag it out!
What's keeping your wee ones busy right now?