Photo by jacobsmommy0828
Okay, so we're one week into potty training our 3-year old. Hooray!
However, I'm not sure how well it's going, but I do know there's been LOTS of potty training bribery involved.
8 Ways to Bribe Your Toddler to Potty Train:
- Reading special books in the bathroom
- A special new toy for the first #2 (a mini Darth Vader seemed right)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows and chocolate chips while ON THE POTTY
- Song and dance (by yours truly)
- Lots of whooping and hollering for successes
Now that we're a week in, the bribery has tapered off, but since we still have a ways to go, I'm thinking of bringing it back.
After one week, we have most pees making it into the potty while at home, but only because I've been dedicating my entire life to putting him on the potty in timed intervals. He wears underwear around the house, and Pull-Ups to preschool and at night.
One big problem is he still does not tell us when he has to go. However, he does seem to be holding it between the timed potty sittings. And still, poos aren't happening on the potty. Ugh.
Did you use bribery while potty training or do you plan to if your toddler is slow to take like mine?