Mom Confessions: I Don't Shield My Kids' Eyes from Nudity
It's time for a Mom Confession — because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.
This Week's Confession:
I don't shield my kids' eyes from nudity.
I don't think there's anything wrong with nudity, and I don't shield my toddler's eyes from nudity. With all the things wrong in the world and the things you can find on cable television, nudity is not one I'm worried about. I don't flaunt nudity all about, but if my toddler happens upon it, I don't hide my own nudity, nudity on TV or movies, or nudity in books or art. We even have a beautiful nude painting in our living room. Violence, now that's a separate issue for me. -- anonymous
- Yes, as much as I can, but I don't freak out about it. 6%
- Yes, but only nudity that's sexual in context. 45%
- Yes, unless it's someone in our immediate family, say, on the way in or out of the bath. 7%
- Yes, we don't allow anything of that nature in our home. 2%
- No, nudity is perfectly natural. 36%
- Other (describe below) 1%
Voting on polls is not available on The Stir Mobile.
We all have secrets and opinions — so thanks to this brave mom for sharing her honest thoughts, and thank you for keeping this conversation non-judgemental!