Here's a quick and easy lunch you can throw together with apples from the fruit bowl and last night's leftover chicken -- and there's always leftover chicken, isn't there?
This recipe comes from Family Feasts for $75 a Week by Mary Ostyn, hitting shelves next month.
Chicken and Apple Sandwiches with Melted Cheese
Prep time: 20 mins.
3 tbsp. butter at room temperature
8 slices white or whole-wheat bread
2 cups cooked chicken cut into small pieces
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into thin slices
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and thinly slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Arrange 4 bread slices onto a greased cookie sheet, butter sides down.
3. Divide chicken evenly amont the four bread slices on pan and top evenly with cream cheese and apple slices. top with remaining brad slices, butter sides up.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip sandwiches and bake until crispy and golden, about 10 more minutes.
5. Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Check back next Thursday for another great recipe. Got a favorite toddler friendly meal or snack of your own to share with other idea-strapped mamas? Let me know about it and I may feature it here.
Past Toddler Meals: