Mom Confessions: I Use Housecleaning to Avoid Playing With My Kids
It's time for a Mom Confession — because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.
This Week's Confession:
I use housecleaning to avoid playing with my kids.
I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I realized the other day that I'm using housecleaning and chores to avoid sitting down and playing with my kids. I'm just not much into playing or doing puzzles, so I find them things to keep them busy and then go busy myself with the things I need to get done around the house. Even when I set out to play with them, I find myself feeling drawn to do the dishes a few minutes in. What's wrong with me? -- anonymous
- Yes, I hate playing or doing kids activities. 14%
- Yeah, I guess I do, but I never thought it was a bad thing. 31%
- No, but I do other things to avoid playing with them. 7%
- No, I love having dedicated play time with my kids. 9%
- No, I use the kids to avoid cleaning house. 31%
- Other (describe below) 6%
Voting on polls is not available on The Stir Mobile.
We all have secrets and opinions — so thanks to this brave mom for sharing her honest thoughts, and thank you for keeping this conversation non-judgemental!