Mom Confessions: I Am Not a Fun Mom
It's time for a Mom Confession — because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.
This Week's Confession:
I am not a fun mom.
The other night, while on a playdate at the park, I watched my sister-in-law play tag with my niece, nephew, and my daughter. She was running all over the place and screaming and laughing. My daughter was having a blast. I just stood there frozen and watching. I felt so awkward. I would never feel natural playing with kids like that. I don't even think I played like that when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I'm the most un-fun mom on the planet. -- anonymous
- No way, I'm totally fun! Having kids has been like a second childhood. 12%
- No, but I definitely make fun for my kids in my own way. 17%
- Yes, I hate playtime and active play. I'd much rather read together or play a board game. 20%
- Yes, I feel boring and not very good at doing "kid" things. 44%
- Other (write in below) 4%
Voting on polls is not available on The Stir Mobile.
We all have secrets and opinions — so thanks to this brave mom for sharing her honest thoughts, and thank you for keeping this conversation non-judgemental!