One great thing about tuna casserole is that as long as you have the tuna, chances are you can make it with what you already have in the house. apeclark2008 was in this situation the other day. She wanted to make a simple tuna casserole and needed a couple of additional ingredients to round it out.
She asked moms in the Newcomer's Club for some advice, and based on what they told her, she created this recipe, which her 11 month old absolutely loved.
Continue for apeclark2008's Tuna Casserole recipe ... and tell us how you make this classic American dish. What do you include or omit? How do you make it differently?
Simple Tuna Casserole
Prep time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 35-40 mins.
One bag wide egg noodles
1 can of tuna
2 small cans Cream of Mushroom soup (low sodium if you prefer)
1 small can Cream of Celery
one bag frozen chopped brocolli (can sub peas)
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 (soup) cans of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook and drain noodles
3. In a separete pan, mix all cream soups and 2 cans of milk together. Add 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and warm it till steaming.
4. Pour sauce on noodles and stir, then pour noodle and sauce mix into baking dish.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. While that's baking, make your own bread crumbs using 3 pieces of bread (pulsed in blender) and a 1/2 cup of cheese.
7. After 25 minutes in the oven, remove and place bread crumbs on top, return to the oven and cook another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown.
Check back next Thursday for another great recipe. Got a favorite toddler friendly meal or snack of your own to share with other idea-strapped mamas? Let me know about it and I may feature it here.
Past Toddler Meals: