Mom Confessions: I Wish I Had a Fulfilling Career Outside the Home
It's time for a Mom Confession — because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.
This Week's Confession:
I wish I had a fulfilling career outside the home.
I am a stay-at-home mom and never had a "fulfilling" paid career, so I can't really imagine the draw to the workplace. While I am fulfilled in many ways being home with my kids, sometimes I wish I had something outside my family, something that was my own. -- anonymous
- Yes, I am a SAHM and always hope to find a career I love. 38%
- Sometimes, but there will be time for that when the kids are older. 27%
- Never, I am fulfilled staying home with my kids. 10%
- I'm a SAHM, but I also have something of my own (explain below). 3%
- I like my paid job, but I still wish I could be a SAHM. 7%
- I work outside the home, and I still long for something more fulfilling for myself. 11%
Voting on polls is not available on The Stir Mobile.
We all have secrets and opinions — so thanks to this brave mom for sharing her honest thoughts, and thank you for keeping this conversation non-judgemental!