Photo by DeeGillette
My 2.5-year old was gibber jabbering all around my desk when I was reading the post What do you hope is true? on a new-to-me blog called White Hot Truth.
So Danielle's list of hopes combined with my toddler's noisy presence got me thinking...what do I hope is true...for my kids' sake?
What I Hope Is True — for the Sake of My Kids:
- That reading stories to them every night provides them a lifetime appreciation for books and knowledge.
- That we really can do something to reverse global warming.
- That they will see a female president in their lifetimes.
- That all the times I forced them to play by themselves will equip them with powerful and creative tools to take on the world.
- That recycling will become second nature.
- That a cure for cancer and AIDS can really be found.
- That there really is HOPE.
- That love is all we need.
What do you hope is true — for your kid's sake?