Mom Confessions: I'm Going to Disney Without the Children
It's time for a Mom Confession -- because, let's face it, we're real mothers and sometimes it doesn't work the way the parenting books say it should.
This Week's Confession:
My husband and I are going to Disney but are leaving my toddler and baby with my parents.
I have a 2 year old old and a 9 month old. We bought a family package and were going to take both of them, but now my parents are offering to babysit so we can really enjoy ourselves. At first I didn't even consider it, but we have never been on a vacation by ourselves. We didn't have a honeymoon, either.
I will feel kinda guilty going to Disney without my 2 year old. She would really enjoy it. But it will be so nice for the both of us to hang out like we've never done before. -- anonymous
- Yes, I am a SAHM and always hope to find a career I love. 45%
- Sometimes, but there will be time for that when the kids are older. 35%
- Never, I am fulfilled staying home with my kids. 8%
- I'm a SAHM, but I also have something of my own (explain below). 3%
- I like my job, but I still wish I could be a SAHM. 5%
- I work, and I still long for something more fulfilling for myself. 1%
Voting on polls is not available on The Stir Mobile.
We all have secrets and opinions -- so thanks to this brave mom for sharing her honest thoughts, and thank you for keeping this conversation non-judgemental!
Piping Hot Posts