If you're a Toddler Mom, you probably have lots of milk and cheese in the fridge, in which case you only need a few more ingredients to whip up a steaming loaf of Savory Cheddar Bread, courtesy of MaMaLaLa369, mom of 17 year old Alexis and another on the way.
"I did get up and start making this at 6:30 a.m. today," she writes in her Journal. "I think I might make some garlic butter later ... that would make it perfect."
What toddler doesn't love cheese? They'll be sure to gobble this snack up, especially if served warm.
Savory Cheddar Bread
Prep time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 45 mins.
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. ground mustard
1-1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, onion salt, oregano, ground mustard, and cheese in a bowl; set aside.
2. Combine egg, milk and butter.
3. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Spread batter in a greased 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Don't wait for it to cool -- this bread is absolutely scrumptious when warm!
C'mon, don't make me come up with these toddler recipes all on my own. I want to know what YOU feed your toddler's for lunch and dinner. Send me a PM and share your recipes so I can feature them here!
Past Toddler Meals: