Since most of us were busy chowing down the Christmas feast on Toddler Meal Thursday, I saved up these Easy Salsa Quesidillas to share with you today. I'll bet you were wondering what to serve for lunch, huh?
Ange0305, owner of the Easy Recipes for Real Moms group, whips this favorite dish up for her two girls, Michela Rose, 5, and Miranda Elizabeth, 3, for lunch or a snack. Her husband Steve loves them too.
"I think these are great because they are super easy, really good, and give you room to adapt to your family's likes and dislikes," Ange0305 says. "Plus, they can be made from taco night leftovers. When I first made these, my oldest was only 2 and she ate three of them!"
Easy Salsa Quesadilla's
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5-10 mins
1-2 flour tortillas per person
Your favorite salsa
Shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, or mix)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
3. Lay tortilla on the foil, spread the salsa, and cover with cheese.
4. Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy on the the edges, about 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove and fold over; let cool for several minutes.
6. Cut into threes and serve.
Check back next Thursday for another great recipe. Got a favorite toddler friendly meal or snack of your own to share? Let me know about it and I may feature it here.
Past Toddler Meals: