Photo by BusyBee908
It's been a while since SweetLuci has had a toddler in her house (her
granddaughter is now 8). But this quick and easy recipe for Barbecue Cups was a huge hit at the nursery school she used to supervise, so I'm so grateful she's sharing it.
And you know it's delicious -- coming from the owner of the membership-required groups Cooking 101, Bakers Are Us and Southern & Soul Food. Plus the cups make perfect portions for toddler appetites, and any extra can be frozen in a zip-lock bag and reheated as needed. Yay, leftovers!
2 tbs. cooking oil
1 lb. ground beef, pork, or turkey
1 bottle of barbecue sauce
2 cans of refrigerator biscuits
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Brown ground beef; drain off the fat.
2. Return to pan and add sauce; heat through.
3. Flatten each biscuit and place in muffin tins to form a cup. Spoon beef mixture into each cup.
4. Cook about 10 minutes (check biscuit can for oven temperature, and reduce by 25 degrees).
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle tops with cheese. Return to oven for a few more minutes to melt. Let cool slightly before serving.
Check back next Thursday for another great recipe. Got a favorite toddler friendly meal or snack of your own to share? Let me know about it and I may feature it here.
Past Toddler Meals: