I realize that three-year-olds aren't supposed to develop unified field theories. Still, judging by some of the things my daughter believes, she's one light bulb short of a box.
My wife thinks these beliefs are not only normal, but adorable and that I need to STFU. She's probably right. Still, I'm no longer banking on that college scholarship.
Here are 10 signs my daughter isn't a child genius.
- That Dora the Explorer, and everyone else on TV or our iPad, is physically inside the device and watching her.
- That the sun goes to sleep at night.
- That she saw Mickey Mouse himself skating at "Disney on Ice."
- That you can buy money.
- That if it takes 30 minutes to drive somewhere, the return trip can be accomplished in 30 seconds.
- That she can get sucked down a bathtub drain.
- That chicken on a menu only coincidentally shares a name with chicken in a petting zoo.
- That she sometimes catches us saying "Oh, frog!"
- The moon can be reached with strong-enough legs.
- That I actually have her nose.
Is your child not so smart?
Image via Corey Levitan