Have you ever looked over at your toddler and had a reaction along the lines of, "OMG, that's so disgusting, yet adorable!" or "I can't believe he just pulled that off!" -- in regards to whatever he happens to be doing?
Little kids definitely seem to have a knack for looking all sorts of cute and sweet -- even if they happen to be doing something really embarrassing, gross, or a combination of the two.
(Which is the case most of the time, if we're being honest.)
Like these 16 things that only they can get away with and still come out on top.
- Picking their nose -- Sure, it's gag-worthy. But aren't little ones all sorts of adorbs when they're digging for gold?
- Farting -- Hey ... it's tough to hold those things in sometimes.
- Burping -- See number two.
- Taking loud poops -- If your 3-year-old is grunting up a storm in the public bathroom stall, no one will dare comment on it.
- Covering themselves in food -- Who knew seeing spaghetti noodles on top of someone's head or cake all over someone's face could be so endearing?
- Throwing an absolute fit -- ... in the middle of the grocery store, a crowded mall, restaurant, wherever. Only during the toddler years can you get looks of sympathy from others while your kid is totally losing his shit.
- Randomly touching strangers -- Whether it be running up and grabbing their legs and yelling, "Daddy!" or pulling the hair of the lady seated next to you on the airplane, personal space does not apply to toddlers.
- Digging in their butt -- Why do they do this? Who knows. But it sure is fun to laugh while they search for whatever it is they're so desperately trying to dig out of there.
- Grabbing their privates -- Hey. The little dude is in the middle of potty training, ok? It's cute when he sticks his hands down his pants.
- Knocking stuff over -- If a 2-year-old accidentally knocks down the 100 boxes of pasta stacked in the grocery store, it's an accident. If you do it? You'd better be prepared to stack them all back up again.
- Stealing food -- If you're enjoying a picnic at the park and a little kid comes over and helps himself to a handful of goldfish, are you going to ask for them back? Didn't think so. But if a big kid does that, it's just plain rude.
- Hugging strange kids -- It's so stinkin' cute when toddlers hug each other even when they don't know each other. If some strange kiddo comes over to hug an older kid, we automatically think something is wrong with them.
- Eating stuff off the floor -- Yes, it's beyond gross. But nobody thinks twice when a toddler finds a tasty snack hidden in the corner of the kitchen.
- Bringing their own food wherever -- Here's an experiment for ya. The next time you go out to eat, bring a little tray of snacks for you and the fam to enjoy before the meal arrives. Odds are good you'll be told you aren't allowed to have outside food. But your toddler's cheese puffs are perfectly acceptable.
- Throwing things in public -- If you suddenly see a sippy cup flying through the air, do you flinch? Not when you notice it was thrown by a 2-year-old. Aww. Isn't she hilarious?
- Peeing their pants -- It's cool when you're a toddler. (Like that line from Billy Madison.)
What other things do you think only toddlers can pull off?
Image via Mary Fischer