OMG. Out of all the challenges we go through as parents, potty training our kids has to be one of the toughest for sure. As much as we can't wait to finally kick the diapers to the curb -- let's just say our patience starts wearing a little thin when we have one failed attempt after another.
Cleaning up pee gets pretty old after you've done it 20 times in one day. (And let's not even mention when they have an accident with number two.)
But then when the day finally arrives when our kiddos finally get it -- we want to shout the fact that they're toilet trained from the rooftops (or Facebook).
Check out these photos to see 15 stages pretty much every parent goes through while trying to potty train their child.
1. You're so excited to finally get going you can hardly stand it -- and you know your kid is going to be totally into it.
2. You get the little potty set up and ready. It's go time.
3. You have the kiddo sit on the pot and you wait patiently.
4. He says, "I all done" and walks off. You look in the potty expecting to see the mother load. But there's NOTHING.
5. All of a sudden you hear a giggle coming from the living room. You walk over and realize he's peed on the carpet.
6. You sigh, say, "That's ok, honey" -- and proceed to clean up the mess and tell yourself it's only his first accident.
7. All of a sudden he yells that he needs to poop. You squeal with anticipation and sit him back down on the potty.
8. He sits there for a good 10 minutes and produces exactly NOTHING. You try to contain your disappointment, but can't.
9. You need to make a grocery store run, so you put a pull-up on him just to be on the safe side -- but you're not happy about it.
10. As soon as you pull out of the driveway, he shits his pants. You break down in tears.
11. You clean him up and remind him that poop belongs in the potty and then suddenly a light bulb goes off in your head -- you have a GREAT idea.
12. You get the bag of M&M's out of the pantry and proceed to taunt him with them as a bribe for successfully using the potty.
13. He sits on the potty and pees a little bit. You give him a couple M&M's and start celebrating.
14. He goes on the potty a few more times and is all hyped up on sugar from the M&M's, but you don't care. You think you might actually have this in the bag.
15. You spoke too soon. You run out of M&M's, and suddenly your carpets are soaked again. Time to start over. You failed.
Have you had a tough time with potty training?
Image via Ocean/Corbis