The moms of Teen Mom 3 have been a breath of fresh air. They're all devoted to their kids. They're all trying their best. Which has me wondering: why is it so shocking to see good teen moms? We know they're out there. Could it be because a certain cast member of the Teen Mom franchise has done such an epic job of making a bad name for teen parents?
Do I even have to say her name, folks? Yes, it's Jenelle Evans.
No matter how many selfies she throws up with little Jace, let's face it: if you can't actually parent your own kid, you're not much of a mom.
Now, let me back up a second. This is not a slam on folks who choose adoption. As we saw from Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra's story, there's a lot to be said for the selflessness and sacrifice that goes into placing your child with a family fit to care for him or her.
More From The Stir: Farrah Abraham Caught in Epic Lie -- Here's Proof
Only, that's not the route Jenelle Evans has taken. She decided to keep little Jace, and keep her fun, fun, fun lifestyle too. As a result, her mother, Barbara Evans, has had to take custody of the little guy, but the way Jenelle tells it, she's still Mom. Jace even calls her Mommy.
But let's just take a walk down memory lane, shall we? Take a look at some of Jenelle's top "mom" moments?
1. Barbara needs to get to work and needs Jenelle to "babysit" her own son. What does Jenelle do? She gets in a fight with her mom and storms out of the house to go hang out with her friends ... leaving the little boy with no caregiver.
2. Jenelle talks about Jace like he's a piece of furniture. When she's facing a possible 45 days in jail because she can't stay off drugs, Jenelle refers to "putting" the little boy "off" because she can't deal with him right now.
3. Jenelle has the choice of living with her mom and son so she can see them every day. What does Jenelle do? Moves out of the house so she can only see him on weekends ... and even then:
4. Jenelle bails on Jace to get a boob job.
5. Jenelle bails on Jace to smoke heroin.
6. Jenelle bails on Jace because she is "too busy" hanging out with boyfriend Kieffer.
7. Jenelle introduces every guy she meets to Jace within 5 seconds of meeting him, only to have that guy disappear from his life when the going gets tough (or, you know, when he gets arrested).
8. Jenelle didn't know who the actual father of her child was until Jace was 3 years old.
9. Jenelle screams and curses at her mom in front of Jace regularly (sidebar: Barbara is just as guilty on this one).
10. Jenelle can't manage to stay out of jail for Jace. She's been arrested at least nine times.
I'll admit that's just a small taste, a mere morsel, of her transgressions that we've seen on the the show over its four seasons so far. It's more than a little depressing that we could probably come up with more evidence that while Jenelle Evans may star on a show called Teen Mom 2, she's hardly proven herself to be a "mom."
Come to think of it, she's not just the worst mom on Teen Mom. She may be the worst mom on TV at the moment.
And yet, folks, I'm going to be honest: Jenelle Evans presence on MTV has served its purpose for America. She has shown the world exactly that not everyone is fit for motherhood, especially not every teen.
She's the cautionary tale.
What do you think has been Jenelle's most shocking mom moment?
Image via MTV