The following is a post from our sponsor, P&G.
Being a mom can sometimes be a thankless job. Sure, we’re rewarded for our efforts in the form of sweet smiles, sloppy kisses, and painfully adorable stick-figure drawings, but wouldn’t it be nice to get some actual written acknowledgment from time to time? Here’s what they’d probably write:
Thank you for ...
• Trying to catch my puke with your hands that time I got carsick.
• Making plain buttered noodles for me for two weeks straight when I refused to eat anything else.
• Laughing instead of screaming when you saw that crayon masterpiece on the wall.
• Always finding the other shoe.
• Pretending to be a superhero.
• Actually BEING a superhero.
• Letting me watch the same TV show over and over and over and over again.
• Snuggling with me in your bed when I was too scared to sleep in mine.
• Letting me spit my chewed-up food into your hand when I didn't like the way it tasted.
• Not cleaning up the car “racetrack” I made on the living room floor (even though you tripped over it on your way to bed).
• Serving ice cream for dinner at least once every summer.
• Indulging me when I asked you to let me wear your lipstick and/or high heels.
• Leaving the light on in the hallway at night.
• Scooping my poop out of the tub with your bare hands.
• Cutting my grilled cheese into triangles and cutting off the crusts.
• Helping me wash my hands after I went “exploring” in the trash can.
• Not getting mad when I wiped my nose on your sleeve AFTER you handed me a tissue.
• Telling me you love me every single chance you get.
What would YOU add to this list?
Join us as we help P&G support Special Olympics. For every social interaction (comment, share, like) on this and other specified posts on CafeMom, we’ll make a donation to Special Olympics.
Pens, pencils, markers, etc.