See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
When it comes to activities to do with my children, there are few things I love more than sitting down with a stack of books and reading to them. I love how the stories take us places, spur discussions, and make us laugh.
My children and I both memorize parts of the good ones, and it's funny how lines from some of them pop into our heads at random times, long after we've read them. Some elicit laughs, and some bring tears, but it's amazing how appropriate they are for everyday lives, no matter how long ago they were written. Here are eight amazing quotes from children's books that moms and kids love.
1. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."
-- Dr. Seuss, Oh! The Places You’ll Go
-- Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
3. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
-- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
4. "I love you right up to the moon -- and back."
-- Sam McBratney, Guess How Much I Love You
5. "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
-- Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit
6. "Harriet, my darling child. Harriet, you'll drive me wild. Harriet, sweetheart, what are we to do? Harriet Harris I'm talking to you."
-- Marla Frazee, Harriet You'll Drive Me Wild
7. "But the wild things cried, 'Oh please don't go -- We'll eat you up -- we love you so!'"
--Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are
8. “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me ... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
-- Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
What are your favorite quotes from children's books?
Image via popofatticus/Flickr