See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
There's no end to the competition of parenthood. The way some people treat parenting, it's an extreme cage match. Not me, though. Through parenting special needs kids to birthing a child with a nearly-always-fatal birth defect, I've learned that parenting, like anything else, should be a live and let live.
I stopped judging people for sport eight -- or so -- years ago. It just seems so pointless to spend my precious time thinking about other people and how much better I am than they are. I'd rather sit around watching dancing cat videos than get all "Parenting: U R Doing It Wrong."
So I've let myself go -- and now I am one of those "bad parents." Here are some of the things I do:
1) I happily let my 5-year-old son wear his butterfly costume out in public. When it's an ordinary Tuesday -- not Halloween.
2) My kids have learned to strip to their underwear as they walk in the house. They know pants are bullshit.
3) I proudly declare that I write a blog called, "Mommy Wants Vodka."
4) I let my younger two children run around in the backyard in their undies (or diaper), neighbors be damned.
5) I once recorded, and displayed on the Internet, a video of my daughter dancing in her diaper to the theme song from Dexter.
6) I'm convinced purple is, in fact, a flavor.
7) I'm a happily working mother -- I know I'm happier when I can take some time away from my kids.
8) I think crafts are bullshit ... but I do them anyway.
9) I don't throw my kids in the bath every day.
10) I'd rather skew my eyeballs out than join the PTA.
How about you? What makes YOU a Bad Parent in the eyes of other parents?