The saying that a baby changes everything is the absolute understatement of the year. Of all the things I miss about my life before children, I miss my sleep the most. There
- Climb into the crib with your child. Sometimes walking out of the room only to have them lose their mind and start wailing the moment you lie down is simply not worth the time and effort to walk across the hallway.
- Ask a Grandparent to come into town overnight so that you and your husband can rent a hotel room... to sleep.
- Tell your kid that there are magical, crazy chickens that live under their bed, and if they get out of bed during the night, said chickens will peck their ankles off. *Warning: have magical Chicken spray on hand to end the madness.
- Pick a "fight" with your husband, walk away (don't look back) go to your bedroom, slam the door (for effect) cover up and sleep. He'll think he upset you so badly that he won't bother you. Two hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Play an elaborate game of hide and seek, hide in the closet and take a power nap.
- Ask your neighbor if the kids can come over after school, because you have an appointment, pull your car around the block and army crawl through the back yard and climb through the kitchen window, leave all the lights off and take a 2-hour nap.
- Tell your mom who is visiting from out of town that you are going to take