Of course, there are some kids I truly do enjoy, I'm just not one of those women who universally loves all kids. Or, many kids. OK, most.
As I read through my Confessional last week, I realized that I'm far from alone in my feelings. Of course, though, these women couldn't possibly be talking about my precious children. It must be the other ones, the ones that I can't stand, too.
1. "I'm beginning to really dislike all kids. Why did I decide to be a first grade teacher again?"
2. "I ended a friendship with my grade school best friend because her daughter was the most annoying child on the planet."
3. "My poor 4-year-old has never had a single playdate because I just don't want to entertain another child."
4. "There's a brat bullying my kid at school. It's taking all of my might not to trip him every time I see him walking down the hallway."
5. "I can't stand the way other people's babies smell."
6. "I volunteer just so I can favor my kid in class. He's one of six; he deserves to be spoiled once a month."
7. "Every time my kids get sick, I want to hunt down the jerk who got them sick in the first place and smack them. I don't, but I want to."
8. "I hate that my house has become the meeting place for all the neighborhood kids. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!"
9. "Had to change my nephew's diaper and I almost threw up. I don't mind my kid's, but his? So nasty. Other people's kids are gross."
10. "My 4-year-old daughter's best friend drives me CRAZY. Thinking of moving just so we can escape the daily play-dates, but I'm sure the crazy bitch would stalk us down anyway."
Image via Scary Mommy