Did you hear the one about the dog . . .?I don't know about your toddlers, but mine love a good joke. In fact, they find one they like and they repeat it over and over and over again until I'm simply laughing at their maniacal passion for said joke. And then I get over it and want them to move on, and quickly. Let's face it, toddlers are easily entertained and don't require New Yorker quality jokes to get hysterical.
I've figured out the best way to get them out of their one-joke mode is to teach them new ones as soon as the last one starts to grate on my last nerve. While the youngest ones love the knock-knocks, the older ones can get the nuance of a good chicken-and-the-road number. This means I've collected quite a few toddler-friendly jokes. So the next time you get tired of your kid's favorite funny, try these 7 jokes out on your toddler, and get used to hearing them repeatedly.
1. Knock knock
Why are you crying?
2. Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels.
3. What's a cow's favorite place? A moo-seum.
4. What is black, and white, and red all over? A zebra with a sunburn.
5. Knock knock
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?
6. What did the cat say when someone stepped on her tail? Me-ow!
7. How do you make a tissue dance? Put some boogie in it.
What's your favorite kid-friendly joke?