Going to the beach is a blast in the summer. I am lucky enough to live just a few miles from some pretty fantastic beaches making it an easy day trip with my two little rug-rats. Of course, going to the beach is not always as simple as just driving from point A to point B. There are a lot of things to consider when creating the perfect beach day.
Most everyone knows to bring some towels and food, but there are dozens of unique things many people don't realize would help put their beach day over the top. Luckily, I am here to help.
Here are 5 beach items you never realized you always needed:
- "Green" BPA-Free sandcastle tools: They cost a little more (at $19.99), but wow, are they worth it. Beautiful and well-made, these sandcastle tools will provide hours of fun in the sand and sun and surf and are made from 100 percent recycled milk jugs. Have a blast and be environmentally friendly, to boot.
- California Baby sunscreen stick: This is not the cheapest sunscreen available, but it scored 1 on the Environmental Working Group's list of safe sunscreens. This stick is ideal because it is easy to toss in the beach bag and even simpler to apply and it is not a bit messy. It may not be ideal for all over application, but for the face it rocks.
- Reusable swim diapers: If you have one still in diapers (like I do, but please lord not much longer), then reusable swim diapers are an ideal solution. No more icky, soggy disposables at the end of a perfect beach day!
- Rugged wagon: If you live close to the beach, it might be a sound investment to get one of these Cartwheels red wagons. They look like a traditional wagon, but they have the rugged wheels that make them ideal for off-roading and trips to areas where you will encounter sand or dirt roads (like the beach!). If you have more than one child, they are really a must-have.
- Open beach tent: The problem with beach tents is that they can trap heat and you end up sweltering. This beach tent is open on both ends, so he breeze can come through. As a bonus, it has a nice surface for comfortable sitting in the sand.
What are your favorite beach items?
Image via AquaSuperCenter