Spring is in the air (thank G-d!) and after this awful winter on the East Coast, I cannot wait to hear the birds chirping, feel the warm sun on my face, and run barefoot through the grass. Bring it on! Authors have been celebrating the season for hundreds of years. They have waxed poetic about the birds, trees, budding flowers, and delicious sense of abandon that heralds the season. We have gathered their quotes and now give them to you!
Here are 10 best quotes about the spring. Read them and get excited. The best six months of the year have begun!
- "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" ~Robin Williams
- "Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems." ~Rainer Maria Rilke
- "April hath put a spirit of youth in everything." ~William Shakespeare
- "If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall." ~Nadine Stair
- "The earth laughs in flowers." ~ E.E. Cummings
- "The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful." ~ E.E. Cummings
- "I thank god for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees & for the blue dreams of sky & for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." ~ E.E. Cummings
- "Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!" ~ Sitting Bull
- "It's the fans that need spring training. You gotta get 'em interested. Wake 'em up and let 'em know that their season is coming, the good times are gonna roll." ~ Harry Caray
- "No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." ~ Hal Borland
What is your favorite quote about spring?
Image ©iStock.com/Christine Glade