Toddler Gets Wasted at Applebee's

89

ApplebeesYou try so hard to keep your toddler from boozin' it up, then some server at your local burger joint sends him on a bender. Sheesh. Seriously though, last week in Michigan, there was a scary case in which a 15-month-old toddler was served alcohol along with his kids' meal at the local Applebee's restaurant.

When he started acting funny, the boy's mother, Taylor Dill-Reese, got suspicious. She told the Daily Mail:

He was saying hi and bye to the walls and then eventually lay his head on the table. He dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy.

No wonder. When she took a sip of his drink, she discovered that what was supposed to be apple juice was really a margarita! The boy was rushed to the hospital where his blood alcohol level was found to be .10, which is over the limit for an adult to even drive.

Fortunately, the boy was released and seems to be fine; Applebee's is cooperating with authorities and launching their own investigation into the incident, which appears to be nothing more than a mistake. But wow, just wow. Mistakes happen, but ones like this shouldn't.

Has your child ever been served something he or she wasn't supposed to have? Will this story make you recheck your child's drink when dining out?


Image via scaredy_kat/Flickr

toddler health, toddler meal, in the news