Father Gets 4-Year-Old Drunk & Kills Her

300

toddler dies alcohol poisoningA 4-year-old little girl is dead in Georgia after collapsing and being rushed to the hospital. After failing to revive her, the doctors who tried to save the toddler's life were shocked when they discovered the cause of the little girl's death: extreme alcohol poisoning.

How in the world does that happen to a 4-year-old? While the details have not been released regarding how much alcohol she ingested, the father and the aunt of the little girl have been arrested and charged with felony cruelty to children and felony murder. Four other children in the home have been removed, as the implication is that the father "plied" the little girl with alcohol.

I never thought it was "cute" to let your little ones drink from your beer can, and I think most people can agree that giving your baby a bong hit is crossing the line as well. But some people, apparently, think, "Hey, what's it going to hurt?" A lot, actually.

Alcohol isn't meant for tiny people with tiny bodies, who cannot metabolize the way full-grown adults can. Even adults need an hour to metabolize an average alcoholic beverage. Someone 1/3 your size is not going to be okay sipping on your brewski. And "plieing" a toddler with alcohol, as the report says, is the same as poisoning your child.

Even a small amount can have an adverse effect, and honestly, why would you do that? To see a toddler topple around drunk? That is seriously messed up. You wouldn't give your toddler a smidgen of rat poison just to see what happens, so why give any other toxic substance?

Do you ever let your toddler have a sip?

 

Image via naotakem/Flickr

safety, toddler health, in the news

300 Comments

To add a comment, please log in with

Use Your CafeMom Profile

Join CafeMom or Log in to your CafeMom account. CafeMom members can keep track of their comments.

Join CafeMom or Log in to your CafeMom account. CafeMom members can keep track of their comments.

Comment As a Guest

Guest comments are moderated and will not appear immediately.

Eleni429 Eleni429

That is horrible.


I would never give my children drink alcohol.  My mom used to let me drink the little bit in the end of her beer bottle after she poured it out when I was pretty little.  Now, as a parent I wonder how she thought that was an ok idea.

sofia... sofia0587

Hell no! My uncle used to give his kids beer straight into their bottles I always thought it was sick but was to little myself to report it.

sstepph sstepph

NO NEVER!

Proud... ProudSingleMum

My son 'topples around' all by himself!


 


This is just disgusting!

KTMOM KTMOM

NO.  That is so sad and sick I feel ill.  I just read this to my husband and he is sick too.  :(

Natio... NationsMommy

Hellllllll Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

My mom let me have a tiny sip of her margarita once just to taste but I was 8. I think that's OK but not a toddler! And only a taste.

Habib... Habibti812

Holy CRAP! We don't drink alcohol AT ALL. So NO we've obviously never done that. There is no alcohol ever in our home. I hope to model that drinking is not okay. Not a good thing to do. I hope my kids never drink at all.

LOVE_... LOVE_mygirls58

that makes me sick!! and nope we don't even keep that crud in our house! it is a waste of money and a waste of life span

Simpl... Simply_Janeen

NO WAY. However, I have heard that I was given beer when I was 4 by a friend of my moms and liked it. I guess I had also gotten alcohol at other times during my childhood too. For this and many many other reasons, it is a miracle that I survived my childhood.

Hime84 Hime84

thats so horrible!! poor baby!

1-10 of 300 comments 12345 Last