Flickr photo by david_shankboneJulianne Moore has already written two children's books (Freckleface Strawberry and Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully) and she's working on another one (it's scheduled for an April 2011 release).
Her friend Gwyneth Paltrow asked her to share her personal favorites, and she was happy to oblige -- and I'm sharing them with you all here.
"When asked about my favorite children’s books, I always find it so difficult to narrow it down -- I have my whole childhood to consider," Julianne told GOOP. "But the most important aspect for me is that they all share a child's perspective, rather than an adult one. So here is just a teeny tiny sampling of the books that they and I have enjoyed."
- Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
- Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
- Meet My Staff by Patricia Marx
- Ann Likes Red by Dorothy Z. Seymour
- Brundibar by Tony Kushner
My daughter can't get enough of Goodnight Gorilla. I wonder if Julianne would mind coming over to read it to her -- 378 times in a row.
Are any of your toddler's favorites on Julianne's list?