They say college is among some of the best years of one's life -- and it's true. Nothing beats being free of some of the constraints of high school while, at the same time, not dealing with "the real world" quite yet. It's a beautiful time, college. A time to learn; a time to make new friends; a time to discover yourself; and a time to break out of your comfort zone.
Here are 5 experiences every teen should have while they're in college.
1. Take an impromptu road trip. No planning ahead; no hotel reservations; maybe not even a packed bag. Taking a spur-of-the-moment road trip is something everyone needs to do during the course of their college career. It'll be something you and your friends will remember forever.
2. Attend a rally. College students are always full of such passion, and pretty much at any given day of the week, there's going to be a rally of some sort on campus. Don't always walk by. You don't need to be an activist to attend one. It's just a cool experience.
3. Go home with a friend for the weekend/take a friend home with you. You spend so much time with the friends you make in college. You eat together; study together; hang out and do nothing together. Get to know them outside of the university atmosphere. See where they're from and what their family is like.
4. Take a class no one would ever expect you to take. One of the many beautiful things about college is that you get to pick the classes you want to take -- go outside your comfort zone a few times. Never again will you have such easy access to things like Astronomy, Poetry Theory, and Philosophy. You need the credits. Why not give it a whirl?
5. Go on spring break. It's a rite of passage when you're at university. Do it. Just be responsible, kids.
What things do you hope to do in college?
Image via Shilad Sen/Flickr