Because all the things must now be documented on social media (dinner never happened if it wasn't Instagrammed), the latest trend to hit the wedding scene is hiring a social media wedding concierge.
The W Hotel in New York City is currently promoting the new service, which will run you $3,000 to "borrow" one of W's social media experts for your big day. In a promotional email to the Huffington Post, they claim, "From live tweets and #hashtags to Vine videos and Instagram filters, W's Social Media Wedding Concierge will document the 'I Dos' and encourage guests to utilize a dedicated wedding hashtag for every one of their posts."
Oh what a world we live in, eh? I love modern technology and social media as much as the next millennial, but at a certain point, enough is enough.
- Your friends will spend more time following your wedding hashtag than enjoying themselves.
- The Maid of Honor speech may be interrupted by your social media concierge asking everyone to retweet that.
- Do you really want a sober professional documenting your open bar wedding?
- Your friends will do it for free (unless you're Kim Kardashian and Kanye West and have banned cellphones from your wedding, that is).
- It's $3,000.
- PR social media often lacks personality, and you might want some of that on one of the most personal days of your life.
- It's pretentious.
- No one not at your wedding cares, except maybe your new husband's ex-girlfriend.
- It's $3,000.
- There's a good chance you'll fail to make your own memories.
Did I mention that it's $3,000? Tell you what. For the price of a plane ticket and a night at the W, I'll live-tweet your wedding for free.
Would you consider hiring a social media wedding concierge?
Image via Wonderlane/Flickr