I’ve seen some people fall asleep in some pretty odd positions while traveling on airplanes. One time, this poor fellow in the middle seat lowered his tray table and just conked out on it like it was a pillow.
But I’ve never seen someone fall asleep with a finger on the keyboard. But a video on YouTube titled “Dude sleeping on jet w/finger on slash key” has changed that. Someone filmed a guy on a plane snoozing away, his finger pressed firmly to the “///////” key, and page after page on his computer filled with slashes.
The video has gone viral, with well over half a million views, which may make you question what’s wrong with the human race that we find this sort of voyeurism entertaining, but I posit that one of the reasons for so many views is that some of the comments are hilarious.
Take a look, then keep reading to see some of the awesome comments on the YouTube page.
Here are the 15 best responses to “Dude sleeping on jet w/finger on slash key.”
- Man, I didn't sleep too well. Only got 1,568,324 slashes of sleep last night.
- And that's how Twilight was written.
- Autosave is gonna go mad at this.
- One slash, two slash, three slash ... zzzz
- After that flight, he is now called "artist" ...
- Glitch in the matrix.
- This is why the Internet was invented.
- Shortest slasher movie in history
- He's clearly writing slash fiction.
- Its all fun and games till you realize he just got a bad case of food poisoning and is trying to ask for help using all his strength and his only body part with any mobility ...
- If you gently and quietly take his finger off, the plane f*$%ing blows up.
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
- Ambien is a hell of a drug.
- Watching this makes me sleepy but I need to stay awak/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
- \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Hipster slashing before it was cool.
Have you ever fallen asleep doing something silly?
Image via SurferRev/YouTube