Awesome news, iPhone lovers. The latest incarnation of the iPhone, 5S, is here. That means you can totally run out and get your new iPhone now, just because you are THAT cool. I only recently got an iPhone myself, and I love it, a huge improvement over my flip phone, which I had waaaay too long, but I will say the new ease of touch screen texting has made getting into long, drawn-out textuments (text arguments) far, FAR too tempting. But that's neither here nor there. Here are some of the coolest features of the new iPhone:
- New colors for the iPhone mean you can now multitask in rose, lime green, sky blue, white, or yellow.
- The phone is pretty cheap at $199 or $99 for the less expensive 5C model, which has less memory. (16 GB for the 5C v. 24 GB for the 5S.) Expect to cough up in the $500 range if you don't have a contract though!
- The new phone is "toxin free" and super-environmentally friendly. Made totally of plastic.
- It comes with a fingerprint scanner called TouchID so no one will want to steal your phone. Well, if they do, they won't be able to do anything with it. I'll be curious to hear how well this actually works. And, yes, you can store guest fingerprints. (On the downside, good-bye cracking into your spouse's phone and reading his/her text messages!)
- With the first first 64-bit chip in a mobile phone, it should be faster than ever.
- Battery life has been the big disappointment with me for the iPhone, but this one is supposed to be longer. The exact stats are 10 hours of talk time over 3G, 10 hours of LTE browsing, and 10 hours of video. You also get 10.4 days (250 hours) in standby mode, a full day longer than on the iPhone 5 (225 hours).
- Gaming. New improvements to bits and bytes and things I don't understand are supposed to make the new iPhone the best gaming phone out there. If you're into that kind of thing.
- A new and improved camera with zoom and bigger pixels.
If you want to read every single little tiny thing about the new iPhone, then go here.
Be warned: Many are suggesting waiting for the iPhone 6, which should be out next year.
Will you be getting the new iPhone or are you happy with yours?
Image via International Business Times