Text messages. They can be crazy, I tell you. One minute you're sitting there, watching a Real Housewives reunion, the next you're getting an anonymous text that reads: "What the f*ck is your problem? Why did you take that Starbucks mug?" True story. But a random text on a random drunken night doesn't hold a candle to some other text messages that have been received or, worse, sent.
I conducted a little poll, asking people what the weirdest text message they sent or received was, and, naturally, I got some really strange (really funny) answers. Here are 10 super odd text messages. Enjoy.
1. My neighbor told me the other day that her husband’s best friend "broke up" with him on text. It literally said, "I don’t think we should be friends anymore." Weird.
2. I once wrote, "Sorry for all of the John drama" to my uncle, whom I had just spoken to for about three hours about this toxic guy I was dating, John. Only I sent it to John. He replied, "Oh that John. Better hang on to that rascal!"
3. After a night of imbibing, I received this from a friend: "Oh, baby. At leant you're ib produced so u can't even are dreqm are rempt ribalreo."
4. My mother-in-law replied to a text of mine with a "." No quotes, just a period.
5. My husband asked for a divorce over text. Does that count??
6. "Why can't I find a freakin' David Bowie listening party?!?" This was from a guy I didn't even know had my phone number.
7. I asked my 16-year-old female babysitter how her doctor appointment went. I typed, "How was your doc appointment?" Autocorrect changed "doc" to "dick."
8. While wedding planning, I'd get 20 texts in a row from my mother about something as minute and ridiculous as making an entree vegan or vegetarian or banquets vs. rounds. :(
9. 4:34 a.m. "Hi I know this is really random and I’d be surprised if you knew who I was, but I was wondering if you would be interested in grabbing a drink." ... No clue who it was. No previous text message history.
10. When I got a new iPhone, I gave my 8-year-old daughter my old one to use as an iTouch, but she could still text through my email. One day I discovered she had sent our teenaged boy babysitter this icon a hundred times in a row:
... under MY text name! I had some serious 'splaining to do!
What's the weirdest text you've ever received or sent?
Image via Nate Steiner/Flickr