We've all dabbled in the art of Facebook stalking at some point or another. Whether it be an old flame, or a girl you just think is really awesome, Facebook, and all social media really, makes it super simple to see what the object of our interest is doing/has done/or will be doing in the near future. Is it creepy and weird? Hell yeah it is. But this is the world we live in, and if you can't beat 'em, join 'em ... I guess.
But did it ever dawn on you that maybe you're the one being stalked? Yes, you! Why wouldn't someone stalk you on Facebook? You're cool, pretty, interesting. Hell, if I knew you, maybe I'd stalk you, too. JK. Kind of.
Here are 5 ways to tell if someone is "Facebook obsessed" with you.
1. They like and comment on everything. No, everything. And usually first. Every time you post something to Facebook -- be it a photo, an update, a link to something you read -- this person likes and/or comments on it within moments. If it's one of your close friends, it makes sense. But if it's someone you kind of know -- Weirdville, USA.
2. You keep getting tagged in applications. Think about it: Would you tag a random person in Farmville or Cityville or Whateverville? Probably not. If you keep getting notifications from the same person to play some Facebook game with you, you may want to unfriend.
3. They try to chat you. I was never a fan of having the "Facebook chat" on -- or any chat on for that matter. Why? Because super random people would chat me more than my own friends. May not clarify them as a stalker, but there is something a bit ookey about it.
4. They comment on photos of yours ... from years ago. If someone leaves a comment on a photo from way back way, sorry, but they're stalking. No bones about it.
5. They tag you in random photos. I had a friend who was tagged by a guy in a photo of flowers ... then in one of a photo of a beach with two lounge chairs. She unfriended him.
Have you ever been stalked on Facebook?
Image via Mike McClune/Flickr
Pens, pencils, markers, etc.