For those of you who feel like your iPhone 5 has gotten bor-ing, good news: Looks like the iPhone 6 may make its way into our greasy paws by summer. In a recent phone call I had with Apple CEO Tim Cook, he said that the next iPhone is "imminent, and will probably be unveiled come summer". Just kidding. I never talked to Tim Cook. But there are lots o' rumors swirling around about when the next version of the iPhone will be released, and as always, what it will feature.
A quick rundown of the latest rumors:
1. Instead of Siri, the new iPhone will feature Suri. As in Cruise. Suri Cruise will now fulfill all of your "where's the closest restaurant"-type of request. But take it easy on her. She's just a child for god's sake.
2. Instead of Apps, the new iPhone will have apps. As in appetizers. Like the ones you get at Chili's, Friday's, and Ruby Tuesday's. It will take some getting used to, but surprisingly, a loaded potato skin can actually be rather helpful when trying to determine what song is on the radio.
3. Instead of a Touchscreen, the new iPhone will have a TouchYOUscreen. Cook et al. are still working out some of the kinks with that one, as lawsuits are likely to ensue, but I will say this: Texts messaging is about to get awkward.
4. The new iPhone will go by Chinese time and only Chinese time, as a nod to the country in which they are manufactured.
5. The new iPhone will not be called the iPhone 6, but instead The Prequel to the iPhone 6. If you think you go straight from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6, you don't deserve a The Prequel to the iPhone. Simple as that.
Are you excited for the new iPhone?
Image via Yutaka Tsutano/Flickr