Sigh. Facebook. We all love it. We all hate it. We can't imagine our lives without it. We all think about deactivating our accounts several times a day.
And a lot of the reason for our myriad of feelings about Facebook stems from a few posts we're all getting really sick and tired of seeing on the site. They kind of ruin the whole Facebook experience and make us wonder why in the hell we're wasting our time checking our newsfeeds in the first place.
I mean, it's great hearing what our friends are up to, seeing photos of them and their kids on a regular basis, and having a few lighthearted laughs throughout the day.
But here are five posts that are so irritating, they make us want to scream, leave a snarky comment, or possibly even take the plunge and hit the unfriend button. (What? Too harsh?)
- Sappy and mushy declarations of undying love -- Ok, we get it, your husband is all kinds of awesomesauce. But status update after status update deeming him to be the King of all Prince Charmings and telling us how nauseatingly perfect your marriage is only makes us think the opposite must be true. If you really love your spouse that much, go the old-fashioned route and write him a love letter -- and keep it between the two of you.
- Excessive use of e-cards -- Yes, some of them are really funny, and I'll even admit to "liking" them on occasion if they give me a good chuckle. But when every other photo you post is an e-card? Yeah, that's just annoying. Original, humorous thoughts are way more entertaining.
- Those "Like if you care, ignore if you don't" photos -- It's already pretty lame that you got suckered into liking something because you're actually afraid people will think you're cold and heartless if you don't like it. But do us a favor and stop spreading the lameness to the rest of us.
- Facebook privacy rants -- News flash: Facebook changes their privacy settings all the time. It happens so often, in fact, that there really isn't much we can do about it. Freaking out every time it happens and posting a paragraph begging friends to help you change your settings is a good indication that you probably shouldn't have a Facebook account in the first place.
- Overly poetic status updates -- You know the ones I'm talking about, right? We all have those one or two friends who spend hours crafting a status update so it sounds inspirational, poetic, nostalgic, etc. Seriously, people -- you're taking yourself way too seriously. Just tell us what you ate for dinner and call it a day.
What other things are you really sick and tired of seeing in your Facebook newsfeed?
Image via English106/Flickr