Happy Opening Ceremony Day everyone! I don't know about you, but I've got my Team USA gear on and I'm ready to get this party staaaaahhhted, Pink style.
If you're anything like me, you want to follow the 2012 Olympic Games in London as closely as possible. The only problem? With all of the different sports and bazillion events going on, it's hard to keep tabs. So what's an Olympic enthusiast to do? Head on over to Twitter.
Yup! Twitter is the perfect place to keep up with some of Team USA's best competitors. From volleyballers to tennis players, check out our list of 5 must-follow athletes, here:
1. Michel Phelps (@MichaelPhelps): When he's not in the pool, Phelps is a Twitter-holic! The only thing that's missing is more pictures of his ridiculous abs.
2. Lolo Jones (@lolojones): Love. Her. "As I arrive in London for the Olympics, I'm overwhelmed with emotions. Thank you Lord for another chance and for holding me as I waited." Best tweet of the week by far.
3. Serena Williams (@serenawilliams): I feel like Serena Williams is to the Olympics as Kim Kardashian is to the entertainment world. The tennis superstar is on fire, and her Twitter feed is the perfect place to stay up to pace.
4. Maya Moore (@MooreMaya): OK, I may be a little biased because, like me, Maya Moore is a University of Connecticut alumnus. However, the basketball player has got some serious swag -- and it's seriously enjoyable to see her tweet her way through her first Olympic experience.
5. Kerri Walsh (@Kerrileewalsh): Kerri may be one of the people I follow on Twitter who tweets the most, and I adore her for it. She's down to earth, commonly retweets her fans, and posts pics of what she's up to on her day-to-day.
Do you follow any Olympians on Twitter?
Image via Twitter