Everyone snag your party hats, toss up some confetti, channel your inner Martha Stewart, and bake up a celebratory cake. It's time to celebrate the iPhone's 5th birthday! Yup, the first iPhone was sold on June 29, 2007. Crazy to think that Steve Jobs' brainchild has been around for that long, isn't it?!
I can't imagine my day-to-day life without my handy dandy Apple device. Call me a techy -- but my iPhone may as well be my favorite thing well, ever. Better than any man, that's for sure.
In honor of the iPhone's 5th birthday, I present you with 25 reasons your iPhone is better than any man.
And ... GO:
1. It never talks back, unless you ask it to.
2. It's always there for you.
3. It doesn't mind when you dress it up, even in sparkles. Or light pink.
4. It doesn't mind getting lost for a while.
5. It has no problem giving you directions. Multiple times!
6. It never complains about going to the grocery store. Or that vintage store down the road. Or the spa. Or to chaperone your kid's school dance.
7. It's always excellent at communicating.
8. It uses protection and doesn't talk back about it. Screen cover, anyone?
9. It will call you whatever you want, whenever you want, without giving you lip.
10. It doesn't judge you when you ask where the closest soft serve spot is ... after visiting McDonald's.
11. It's always on time.
12. It takes your photo six times without complaining.
13. It doesn't mind helping you make reservations for everything from a nail appointment to dinner at 8 p.m.
14. It's cool with your game playing.
15. It doesn't argue with you when you play Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" for the umpteenth time.
16. It doesn't get bored at the beach.
17. It may give you bad signal sometimes, but at least you never get mixed ones.
18. It doesn't mind when you call two guys in one night.
19. It doesn't judge the types of videos you watch. Including that one of Ryan Gosling dancing in hammer pants.
20. You can touch it however you want (it'll even vibrate for you!).
21. It doesn't mind helping you book a trip to get away.
22. It doesn't get jealous when you read Fifty Shades of Grey.
23. It only needs about an hour to recharge its batteries. Not an entire afternoon spent on the couch watching football.
24. It actually wakes up in the morning when you tell it to.
25. You can put it on silent.
Do you have an iPhone? What do you love about it?
Image via katielips/Flickr