10 Hilarious Facebook Tips for Those Crazies on Your Friend List
Any seasoned Facebook user knows there are certain "rules of the road," if you will, when sharing via the social network. Like you wouldn't ever post something potentially embarrassing or drama-inducing on a friend's wall; you'd privately message them instead. You don't post photos of every single meal you ever cooked (or ate). And you wouldn't purposely start a comment war on almost every status update your friends write ... Right?
Oh, who am I kidding! These are rules that are made to be broken, as far as tons of Facebook users care. Still, that hasn't stopped Twitter fans from poking fun at Facebook fiends by chiming into the hashtag trending game "10 Facebook Tips," based on a not so tongue-in-cheek round-up for "Facebook power users" by Mashable. Here, 10 of the funniest (because they're true!) tips that have been tweeted so far ...
- "Do NOT spell 'you're' as 'your' when you are trying to say you are. everyone WILL explain how illiterate you are." -@keemypit
- "Don't EVER click the link to 'see who is looking at your profile.' You will be hacked and everyone will know you are sad." -@trabasack
- "Keep your relationship problems between you & your significant other. Dont post them!" -@goodgrlproblems
- "Don't use HASHTAGS!" -@RealTweet
- "Wear clothes in your profile picture." -@IamMARKKIE
- "Don't do the duckface." -@raymondfarr
- "Don't like your own status, it's like giving yourself a high-five." -@inhousent
- "Don't like people's photos from 2 years ago, we can tell you've been stalking. #JustSaying" -@JubileeOfficial
- "Add everyone, post lyrics and more lyrics, create drama, upload pictures daily, use incorrect grammar. Repeat." -@HarryPotterish
- "Do not update your status 24/7. Get a Twitter account if you want to do so." -@thekhayalan15
More from The Stir: 10 Surefire Ways to Be That Obnoxious Facebook Friend
What's your tip for Facebook "power users"?
Image via MoneyBlogNewz/Flickr