After accruing followings on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and even Instagram, it looks like the Obama re-election campaign has entered new online territory. Just like 75 percent of the coolest women in this country it seems, President Obama has joined Pinterest! Yup, Mashable reports that a new account has a profile photo of Obama and a bio that reads, "This page is run by Obama for America, President Obama’s 2012 campaign."
You can't blame the Prez for getting in on this addicting craze. Hello, even we here at The Stir have our very own Pinterest (which you should totally follow, if you aren't already!).
But so far, the President has yet to pin anything on his brand-spankin' new Pinterest account. Here, some ideas to get the Commander-in-Chief started on his first few pins ...
- The Chicago skyline, Lake Michigan, the Sears Tower, Navy Pier. It's "My Kind of Town!" ... and the President's, too.
- His favorite soul singers. B.B. King, Al Green, maybe even the lyrics to "Sweet Home Chicago" ...
- Hawaiian beaches. He should definitely stick to landscape shots, maybe some photos of where he grew up. (But, shhh ... nothing that reminds people of that "pricey" vacation the First Family dare take around the holidays!)
- Michelle's dresses. How 'bout a pinboard that's an ode to all things Michelle Obama-fashion? Could feature a few Jason Wus, some J. Crew. Definitely dresses where she's showing off her legs, because the Prez loves his wife's legs! Also, dresses Michelle might wear to the second Inaugural ball. Because they're winning again, after all.
- People he hates. Mitt Romney ... Palin ... Santorum ... Boehner, definitely Boehner. He could even have their faces PhotoShopped onto dartboards!
- People he admires. Warren Buffett, Gandhi, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Obama Girl ...
- Greasy, fattening food. BBQ, Chicago-style hot dogs, deep dish pizza, etc. Just to get some steam comin' out of those Republicans' ears!
- Things we can definitely keep as Americans if he wins again. Like birth control, Planned Parenthood, no defense for the Defense of Marriage Act, Sesame Street, the Department of Education, the American dream ...
- Things we can steer clear of if he wins again. Environmental damage caused by the Keystone pipeline, the reinstatement of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," more money for banksters/corporate fat cats/Big Oil/Big Pharma/Big Agri-Business, war with Iran, potentially Mars as the 51st state!
- Cool supporters. Showin' off their Obama gear, campaigning, tooling around in Priuses. You know, generally being the snazzy, smart, upstanding citizens we are.
What do you think President Obama should pin?
Image via Bernard Pollack/Flickr