A few weeks ago, I wrote a post on how Pinterest makes me feel like a failure. My food never comes out like the pictures, my organizational skills are lacking, and my house is a complete mess. The beautiful photos pinned are just unattainable and, in turn, make me feel like shit. But that's not the only reason why I haven't jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon. Here's the full story:
1. I have absolutely zero free time. Well, that's not true, I have some free time, just not the hours and hours that Pinterest inevitably consumes.
2. I am completely unable to follow necessary directions.
3. Inspirational quotes make me crazy.
4. Seeing pictures of gorgeous, foreign lands doesn't make me feel relaxed, it makes me bitter.
5. I can't put together a Lego set designed for a 5-year-old, never mind build a play kitchen.
6. I have no disposable income.
7. I don't wear my hair in a chignon, a bun, or a French braid.
8. I don't garden or arrange flowers.
9. My kids won't let me throw them the party of my dreams, so seeing picture after picture is depressing.
10. In social media years, I'm old. Practically ancient. The idea of starting somewhere from scratch? Inconceivable.
Do YOU love or hate Pinterest?
(Speaking of which, we at The Stir are pretty proud of our own Pinterest page, packed with tons of fun and inspiration. Check it out and follow us!)
Image via Scary Mommy