This Valentine's Day, nothing says "I love you" more than a free T-Mobile phone. The carrier and their newest celeb spokesperson Khloe Kardashian want very badly to steal the hearts of Verizon/AT&T/even Sprint cell phone customers with their V-Day promo.
Here's the deal: You can get any phone -- including their top of the line Android and Windows Phone 7 devices, like the myTouch 46, HTC HD7, T-Mobile G2, and Samsung Vibrant -- for FREE***. Asterisks meaning ...
1. You have to sign up for a two-year contract. But, that's to be expected, I suppose, because you can't really get any new snazzy phone these days without making a commitment. (But what if we don't want to be in a long-term relationship?! ... Too bad.)
2. A mail-in rebate card may apply for 13 of the 30 available models. Annoying!
3. Not all outlets are participating. Try to avoid a mistake I've personally made in the past: Do what you can to steer clear of T-Mobile "authorized retailers/dealers." You're better off at an actual T-Mobile STORE, where everyone is on the same page with a promo like this, and you're not going to get jerked around.
4. You'll pay taxes on the phone.
5. There are a limited number of free phones at each store.
6. Activation fees apply ($35) or a line upgrade ($18) applies if you are an eligible existing customer.
But all of that aside, you can still get a FREE smartphone with 4G! (You know, the network that gets everywhere faster in pink motorcycle gear, while other networks are so slow that they look like geeky twins.)
Even if you don't plan on taking advantage of the T-Mobile deal (because you love your iPhone; you don't want to sign a two-year contract; you are head over heels for Verizon), you might find the accompanying commercial, starring Khloe Kardashian, somewhat entertaining. Apparently, all Khloe Kardashian needs to make her Valentine's Day special is a free HTC G2 from hubby Lamar.
Will you be getting a free phone from T-Mobile today or tomorrow?
Image via YouTube.com