The scandal involving Patriots star Aaron Hernandez is getting more bizzare by the day. Just a week and a half ago, his best friend Odin Lloyd was found dead, which kicked off an investigation seemingly centered around the NLF star. It was unclear what part, if any, he had played in the murder, but this morning, he was arrested and taken into custody. Check out the most shocking details in the case so far.
- Lloyd was shot in the head execution-style and his body was found at an industrial park a half-mile from Hernandez's home.
- Lloyd's family says he had been with his pal Hernandez the day before his body was found.
- Hernandez destroyed his cellphone and video surveillance system.
- Hernandez had his home professionally cleaned the day Lloyd's body was found.
- Police thoroughly searched his home on Saturday, including a large playhouse in the backyard where the dogs slept, the nearby woods and pond, and his white SUV. However, reports say they found no evidence.
- Seven cops descended upon Hernandez's house to arrest him.
- Hernandez is accused of shooting another man. Oddly, four days before Lloyd's death, Alexander S. Bradley filed a civil lawsuit in Florida saying that Hernandez shot him in the face in February, causing him to lose an eye. The two had allegedly been in a car together after partying at a Miami strip club when the shooting occurred.They have yet to announce the official charge.
- Hours after his arrest, the New England Patriots announced that Hernandez was being released from his five-year, $40 million contract.
- Hernandez was officially charged with murder.
He's innocent until proven guilty, of course, but it doesn’t look good for Hernandez.
See the football player being taken into custody:
What do you think of the details of the case so far?