6 Reasons Football Fans Hate Tim Tebow
Holier-than-thou public figures are the absolute WORST. You know, like GOOP-alicious Gwyneth Paltrow, who seems to think she knows everything about anything diet and fitness and natural health-related. But in football, there's a standout athlete who takes the cake for his moral superiority -- Tim Tebow. The brand-new starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos will take the field in his new position of power this Sunday, and in honor of that, a survey was conducted on Twitter yesterday.
Users who follow NFL.com's Jeff Darlington were asked to respond to this tweet: "A question for anyone who dislikes Tebow for reasons other than his ability as a QB: What is it about him that bothers you?" The responses were definitely a mixed bag, but one thing's clear: A LOT of fans hate Tim Tebow! Here's why, from real football fans.
- "He's the Lady Gaga of Football - comes off contrived to me, but genuine and pure to others. Definitely polarizing." -@TeflonFong -- Yeah, I get what they're saying here, but at the same time, uh, as a Little Monster, I'm offended by the comparison!
- "I respect him as a player and hope he is great but I HATE that he spews his religious beliefs everywhere. Just play football." -@AamirRahman -- Exaaaaactly! Time and place, man. He's not a televangelist. He's a football player. Just play your game, and leave religion out of it!
- "I don't hate Tebow hate his obsessed cult-like fans who literally think he is 2nd coming of God. They make situation worse." -@amy13phins -- Okay, well, this one is definitely diplomatic, but still ... without Tebow, you wouldn't have the crazy obsessed cult-like fans. Just sayin'!
- "What bothers me about Tebow? The God thing for one. He just seems like a phony."-@bobbyd121 -- Guess it's not necessarily about wearing his religion on his sleeve, but how not-so-genuine that seems!
- "We're just sick of him. The dude was over-hyped all through college all offseason coming up to the draft and stilll is receiving more media coverage than any other rookie!" -Ramone Brown -- Kinda love this, because it shows people dislike him for more than his bible-thumping!
- "I see people that find the constant attention and the blind adoration to be tiresome." -Michael Keller -- Yeah, this kind of falls under the same thing as the crazy fans, which you might not say is Tim's fault, but it's still annoying!
No one would argue that the guy's got talent, but he is definitely divisive. And being that we've got enough division when it comes to the serious issues, dealing with it in sports seems a bit unnecessary. But at the same time, well, haters are going to hate no matter what.
How do you feel about Tim Tebow?
Image via Bart Young/Getty Images
Piping Hot Posts