On Friday we reviewed what you needed to know about watching the Super Bowl, so you were certainly prepared for the big game. But you got sleepy, didn't you. Couldn't stay awake. I knew it! In case you caught some zzz's during the game, here's a little recap.
We've got a dummies guide to superbowl scores by quarter to see if you won the office pool, a list of the best superbowl commercials (who didn't love the Darth Vader commercial, who?) and a run down of what exactly happened when Christina Aguilera and the National Anthem mixed.
Let's start with the score. The Green Bay Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25. Did you win any money? I know I didn't. I was going to use any winnings to fly to Florida for President's Day weekend, but no. I guess I'll stay frozen and miserable in NYC. Darn you, Super Bowl Squares Pool! Anyway, here's the breakdown by quarter ... hope you won!
First quarter: Packers 14, Steelers 0.
Second quarter: Packers 7, Steerlers 10.
Halftime: Packers 21, Steelers 10.
Third Quarter: Packers 0, Steelers 7.
Fourth Quarter: Packers 10, Steelers 8.
Final Score: Packers 31, Steelers 25.
Here are some other notable facts, starting at the beginning:
- Christina Aguilera sang the National Anthem. Well, kinda. She totally messed up the words in a big way, skipping an entire phrase and butchering others. Watch the fiasco here.
- 400 fans who had tickets and seat assignments were denied access. Some temporary seats built in Cowboys Stadium were deemed unsafe, and the poor fans assigned to that section weren't allowed in. But don't feel too bad for them, they were allowed on the field after the game ended, were given $2,400 in swag, all the free food and drink they could handle, and free tickets to next year's Super Bowl.
- The Steeler defense failed to generate a single turnover, which played a large part in the loss. Troy Palomalu was a non-factor. His hair, however, looked fab.
- Packer quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, might be dating Gossip Girl star, Jessica Szohr. Oh yeah, and he had an awesome game, threw three touchdowns and was named MVP of the Super Bowl.
- Everyone loved the Volkswagen Darth Vader commercial. To watch it is to love it ... and to know what everyone is talking about.
- Eminen was in two ads, which caught me by surprise. His emotional, two minute spot for Chrysler and Detroit generated a lot of buzz.
- The Black Eyed Peas halftime performance was jarring and out of tune. Slash and Usher were surprise guests. If you missed it, consider yourself lucky.
- There was an awesomely awkward moment when the camera caught Cameron Diaz feeding chips to Alex Rodriguez. I really wasn't aware they were "out" as a couple. And if they weren't, they are now.
- You probably ate about 1,800 calories during the game if you're anything like me. So, see you at the gym later. I'll be the one sitting down drinking water.
- Roger Staubach delivered the Super Bowl trophy. A hall-of-fame quarterback, he's a crowd-pleaser and symbol of old school NFL.
- The Glee episode that followed the game left fans divided. The show should just be about Sue Sylvester and every episode would be a hit.
Congrats to the Green Bay Packers!
Photo via Kevin C. Cox/Getty