Have a lot of questions about the Super Bowl, including "what time does the Super Bowl start?"
We've got a dummies guide to Super Bowl food ideas, Super Bowl commercials 2011, TxDOT road conditions, which are making travel in the area a hassle, and everything else you're wondering about.
Let's get the obvious stuff out of the way. It's the NFL football championship game. Too easy? Well you're the one trying to find out what time it starts! I didn't know how basic I had to be.
OK. The game is between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers and game time is at 6:30 p.m. EST.
So if you're in LA, you'll need to tune in at 3:30 p.m. Beware, the game rarely starts on time, giving us probably another 20 minutes or so to shovel some more guac on our Scoops, so don't say I didn't warn you.
Here's a breakdown of other notable Super Bowl info:
- Again, it starts at 6:30 p.m. EST on Fox. Pre-game coverage will start at 1 p.m. EST. Oof. That's a lot of football and non-football hoopla.
- The game will be played in Arlington, Texas at Cowboys Stadium.
- The Green Bay Packers are favored to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers by 3 points.
- Christina Aguilera, a Pittsburgh native, will sing the national anthem.
- The Black Eyed Peas will perform at half-time.
- Commercial slots were sold out in October 2010, and the price tag was roughly $3 million a pop. There's buzz about the E*Trade commercial, Volkswagen, Audi, and CareerBuilder ads. Look for them! There will also be an ad for Bieber's movie, Never Say Never. That's your cue to hit the bathroom.
- Hungry? There are great Super Bowl food ideas everywhere. Guacamole, spinach dip, and honey barbecue wings are my fave.
- After a storm dropped ice and snow on the Arlington area, TxDOT road crews are working non-stop to improve the conditions. If you're lucky enough to have a ticket, drive there safely!
- This will be the first Super Bowl without cheerleaders -- neither team has a squad.
- After the game, a special Super Bowl episode of Glee will air. It's slated to start sometime around 10:30 p.m. EST. Bring it on, Sue!
I think that should do it. And one last time: the game starts at 6:30 p.m. EST.
Go Pack Go!
Photo via avinashkunnath/Flickr