Photo by Sydneysmoma89
who just gave birth in this photo -- gorgeous!
My husband wants us to start thinking about and preparing the hospital bag. I'm 25 weeks -- isn't he cute?
But it is a good idea because it's one of those things that can be forgotten about and who wants to be throwing things in a bag at the last minute?
I realized one thing I want in the bag -- slippers that will not be returning with me home. I want to get a cheap pair that will be my hospital stay only slippers and I'll throw them out before I leave so I don't trek any possible germs home with me.
I'm a slight germaphobe.
Many of us know the hospital bag essentials, but what about those unexpected musts? I've got a list!
CafeMoms attest that you'll be glad you had these additional items in your hospital bag:
- Plastic flip flops for use in the shower. (Smart!)
- Your own slippers and bathrobe. (I like the disposable slipper idea!)
- A comfy and loose outfit to go home in, especially if you have a c-section.
- Your own pillow, maybe even your own blanket.
- CDs and DVDs.
- Lavender Glade Plug In (to make the room smell nice and soothing).
- Extra batteries/charger for the camera.
- Maxi pads (hospital pads are huge). *Thanks to comments below, it's noted that huge pads are very necessary.
- Extra underwear and not the good kind.
Have any other unexpected musts for the hospital bag? Do tell!