This might be the best food news I've heard since I've been pregnant -- watermelon is really good for me and the development of my babies!
Thank goodness because I love watermelons and am craving fruit all the time.
Fit Pregnancy featured all the benefits of this juicy summer fruit for us.
- ease heartburn.
- reduce swelling.
- help with morning sickness.
- are very hydrating with their water content.
- help prevent muscle cramps in third trimester.
- reduce instances of preeclampsia by 50 percent.
- aid in development of baby's brain, vision, nervous and immune systems, and more.
Check out this recipe for Watermelon Punch (the non-alcoholic one of course) and Fit Pregnancy also has more watermelon recipes to incorporate this fruit into your food.
Are you craving watermelons, too?